Saturday, March 24, 2007

March 22, 2007 - Retiring...


It's offical. Colin is a toddler. We weened off of the bottle this week and by mid-week Colin was taking milk solely out of sippy cups. I retired the bottles (the monumental moment captured on film for the Mama more so than for Colin before I boxed up the bottles - my baby's not a baby anymore if he doesn't drink out of a bottle, sniff sniff!!!)
Colin's also putting himself to sleep at night without a peep and sleeping through the whole night (ahhhhhhhhh, big sigh of relief from the Mama :). He is so cute- we read a story, usually one with lots of animals that Colin will point to one by one while I ask him what the animal is and "we" make the appropriate animal noises (*we being me and then Colin usually makes the same growling noise for all the animals!) and then I carry him into his room, give him his blankey and tell him goodnight, ask for a kiss which he returns in super slopping Colin fashion and lay him down. He snuggles his blankey and goes right to sleep. I was so in awe of what a big boy he has become that the other night I stood there watching him for an extra few seconds and he actually rolled over and looked at me as if to say "hello, I'm trying to sleep here, will you stop starting at me?" so I quickly walked out and he went right to sleep. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fond farewell to all those many, mnay bottles -- although I assume that instead of washing bottles every night, mommy stays up late washing food containers and sippy cups instead....I can't wait to see you both soon!